burstcoin-jminer v0.4.2 - GPU assisted PoC-Miner (All Platforms)
- openCL driver/sdk
- solo and all pools supported
- AMD and nVIDIA supported
- Windows, Linux and Mac etc. supported (WARNING: Win7 has strange caching issues on BURST mining!)
- for a QUICKSTART check README.txt
burstcoin-jminer-0.4.2-RELEASE (i suggest using latest: burstcoin-jminer-0.4.3-SNAPSHOT)
Ahhh. Urgent on here to. Lol
Good to share the downloads0
If you mine with CPU (blago) and assisted GPU and you want that your GPU is running at full speed speed high priority or with lower priority you can change your .bat file to:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START "Java" /high java -jar -Xmx2G -XX:+UseG1GC burstcoin-jminer-0.3.6-RELEASE.jar
you can change /high to /low
also you can change -Xmx2G to a lower or higher value like -Xmx1G (for 1GB RAM). Depends on your system.
@jaggard suggested a tool to fix Win7 caching/memory issues:
Who can confirm, that it works?
Who can confirm, that it works?
Seams that it does not work, ...
New beta version available for testing
Currently working on a update for jminer, feel free to test it.
- updated used libs (including openCL, use latest drivers!)
- better handling/info on fast blocks
- incorrect size info of plots, GB and TB are decimal, calculation is binary fixed
- eff.read is more likely the average read speed - now we have avg. and eff. speed were eff. is speed since last info shown.
- add optional plot-drive info output
- make memory usage more effective and adjustable
(memory usage reduced up to ~50% per default, optimize more by editing 'readerThreads' property)
- write console output to logfile
jminer is configured in 'jminer.properties' that has to be in same folder.
For a quick start check:
or README file included in download.
For all available settings check:
or jminer.properties included in download.
Ensure you have java8 (64bit) and latest openCL drivers installed execute (or use included *.bat):
java -jar -d64 -XX:+UseG1GC burstcoin-jminer-0.4.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
'-d64' - ensures it is 64bit
'-XX:+UseG1GC' - garbage collector that will free unused memory
- not all GPUs may support updated openCL lib, (on issues continue using version 0.3.6)
Please post your results, suggestions, issues ... bug-tickets could be directly created on github, too.
@luxe I can confirm that AMD R9/79xx cards work fine with the new snapshot along with nVidia 960's, however my nVidia 750Ti crashes on startup.
It works nicely after I corrected your typo in your post:
java -jar -d64 -XX:+UseG1GC burstcoin-jminer-0.4.2-RELEASE.jar
it should be SNAPSHOT. Then it runs
@daWallet copy&paste corrected it.
If you start the miner, does it say OpenCL 1.2 or OpenCL 2.0 on starting context?
@luxe It starts openCL 1.2 context.
@Luxe - On an nVidia 960 I get a 1.2 context, on an AMD 7970 I get a 2.0 context.
Thanks for feedback, so openCL 1.2 and openCL 2.0 are supported.
For GPU that only supports openCL 1.1 jminer 0.3.6 has to be used. (e.g. 750 Ti)
Is adding OpenCL 1.1 support feasible? Would be nice to have a single miner for any card, especially with the additional functionality in the 0.4.2 build.
jocl is used for openCL, i took the version 0.2.0-RC, what is maybe not a good idea ...
(native libraries for 32 and 64 bit Windows, and for 64 bit Linux)
Guess i should use the version 0.1.9 ...
(native libraries for 32 and 64 bit Windows, 32 and 64 bit Linux and 64 bit MacOS)
even if we loose openCL 2.0 support ... not sure.
or i just compile two different versions ... using both libs in one version would be tricky i guess.
Yeah, trying to use two versions of a library in the same executable isn't going to be pretty.
@haitch i made two binaries, you could use 'burstcoin-jminer-0.4.2-RELEASE-JOCL19' for all your machines, if OpenCL 2.0 is not that important to you.
@luxe Thanks, I'll give them a test.
I expect the miner to be more stable and memory usage should be constant now.
- bugfixes (fixed 'walletServer' npe)
- updated versions of used libs (spring+jetty)
- providing some info about used pool on startup (balance, total mined, number of miners)
- add miner and capacity info on commit nonce to pool (e.g. to see miner version+ capacity on burst.ninja)
Please test and report